Sam George Demands Probe Into ‘Daughter of a Murderer’ Comment in Parliament

Ningo-Prampram MP, Samuel Nartey George, has called on Parliament to thoroughly investigate and sanction the individual responsible for referring to Dr. Zanetor Agyeman-Rawlings as the “daughter of a murderer” during a parliamentary session.

Speaking on Accra-based Joy News, he stressed the need for accountability, insisting that setting a precedent in this case is crucial to upholding the integrity of the House.

- Advertisement -

“This is very easy to do if we are committed. I think Parliament must do this, and we must set an example,” he said.

The controversial remark was made on Tuesday, February 4, while Minority Leader Alexander Afenyo-Markin was addressing the House. A voice was heard saying, “Daughter of a murderer, sit down,” in an apparent reference to Klottey Korle MP Dr. Zanetor Rawlings.

Mr George stated that he had identified the section of the chamber from which the remark was made, specifically behind the Minority Leader and called on Parliament to use available resources, including CCTV footage and forensic voice analysis, to identify the culprit.

- Advertisement -

“The Marshals department must produce the CCTV footage of the chamber. It would allow us to see because nobody could have made those comments without some kind of gesticulation,” he asserted.

Meanwhile, the MP for Damongo, Samuel Jinapor, has denied allegations that he made the remark. Addressing the media, Mr. Jinapor stated that such language is not in his character and has been wrongly attributed to him.

“I didn’t even know such words had been uttered. When the video was brought to my attention, I found it totally false. It cannot be correct,” he said.

He further clarified his approach to parliamentary debates, saying he does not engage in cross-floor exchanges but waits for the Speaker’s recognition before making any public statements.

- Advertisement -

By: Ekow Annan/newsalertgh.com

- Advertisement -
Thank you for reading from the team at NewsAlertGH, your reliable news source in Ghana. We invite you to share this story across your social media platforms and stay engaged with us on Facebook https://web.facebook.com/people/News-Alert-Gh/61552476518106/, Twitter https://x.com/newsalertgh, and Instagram. For feedback and enquiries, kindly contact us on ‪+233 (0) 546337300‬ or via mail at newsalertgh1@gmail.com. We appreciate your continued support.

FOLLOW US VIA FACEBOOK AND X.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

HOT THIS WEEK

Stephen Kwabena Boateng: Kumasi-based businessman and founder of Kessben Group of Companies dies at 68

Kumasi-based businessman and founder of the Kessben Group of...

Cecilia Dapaah: Former Sanitation Minister to Chair NPP National Elections Vetting Committee

The New Patriotic Party (NPP) has constituted a National...

Dr Cassiel Ato Forson: Finance Minister officially hands over Defence Ministry to Kenneth Gilbert Adjei

Finance Minister Dr Cassiel Ato Forson has formally handed...

Driver busted with cocaine at Accra International Airport

The Narcotics Control Commission (NACOC) has intercepted a significant...

TOPICS

Achimota School Marks Its 97th Anniversary in Grand Style

Achimota School has celebrated its 97th anniversary in grand...

Saboba N/R: Physically-challenged teacher dies over frozen salary

The immediate family of a basic education teacher in...

EC begins processes to create 25 new constituencies

The Electoral Commission of Ghana has begun processes to...

BREAKING: John Kumah, Deputy Minister for Finance reported dead

The Deputy Minister of Finance, John Ampontuah Kumah has...

Kate, Princess of Wales: I am having cancer treatment

The Princess of Wales says she is in the...

Pilot, Brother Killed in Tema Aircraft Crash Were Sons of Hebron Prayer Camp Founder

The two victims of Monday’s fatal microlight aircraft crash...

Related Articles