Mustapha Ussif: Sports Minister Slams National Amputee Team for Accepting Donations from Mahama and Other Bodies

The Minister of Youth and Sports, Mustapha Ussif has lashed out at the Ghana Amputee Football team, the Black Challenge, for accepting donations from former President John Dramani Mahama and other external bodies.

This comes after the team received a $10,000 token of appreciation on Wednesday, June 12, 2024, from the former President, who is the NDC’s 2024 flagbearer.

- Advertisement -

The gift from Mahama was in recognition of the team’s back-to-back AAFCON titles.

But Mustapha Ussif believes the team should have coordinated through his office first.

“That cannot be tolerated,” he stressed.

- Advertisement -

“When you come after the successes and there’s anything, the first point of call is this office [MoYS]. We’re not going to tolerate you using the state for your personal benefits,” the Minister said.

He further added, “Unlike last year, this time when you landed and you came here directly, this year you started going from one place to another without any records to the government who sponsored you, and that cannot be tolerated.”

“I have to put it to you and not only you but any national team, if it is your personal [or] private club, that is fine. That is your club. As a national team, once you come you should know that you’re representing the state.”

The Minister has, as a result, charged the President of the National Paralympic Committee to account for every penny received in donations to the team.

- Advertisement -

“We will communicate after you have presented all the statements [and] all that you have received to my office.”

The Ghana Amputee National Football team, The Black Challenge, secured their second consecutive AAFCON title by defeating Morocco in the final.

They came from a goal down to lift the 2024 Amputee Africa Cup of Nations (AAFCON) in Egypt.
- Advertisement -
Thank you for reading from the team at NewsAlertGH, your reliable news source in Ghana. We invite you to share this story across your social media platforms and stay engaged with us on Facebook https://web.facebook.com/people/News-Alert-Gh/61552476518106/, Twitter https://x.com/newsalertgh, and Instagram. For feedback and enquiries, kindly contact us on ‪+233 (0) 546337300‬ or via mail at newsalertgh1@gmail.com. We appreciate your continued support.

FOLLOW US VIA FACEBOOK AND X.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

HOT THIS WEEK

President Mahama inaugurates Paga SHS E-Block; pledges to complete stalled projects

President John Dramani Mahama has inaugurated the abandoned E-Block...

Makafui Woanyah Retains NPP Volta Chairmanship in Closely Fought Regional Elections

Makafui Kofi Woanyah has retained the New Patriotic Party...

Ho Teaching Hospital Appeals for Support for 500-Bed Expansion

The Governing Board of the Ho Teaching Hospital (HTH)...

At least 11 dead, 13 injured in multiple-vehicle crash on Ofankor-Pokuase stretch

At least 11 people have been killed and 13...

Manhyia Palace imposes immediate ban on unauthorised drone flights

Manhyia Palace has placed an immediate ban on all...

TOPICS

Achimota School Marks Its 97th Anniversary in Grand Style

Achimota School has celebrated its 97th anniversary in grand...

Saboba N/R: Physically-challenged teacher dies over frozen salary

The immediate family of a basic education teacher in...

EC begins processes to create 25 new constituencies

The Electoral Commission of Ghana has begun processes to...

BREAKING: John Kumah, Deputy Minister for Finance reported dead

The Deputy Minister of Finance, John Ampontuah Kumah has...

Kate, Princess of Wales: I am having cancer treatment

The Princess of Wales says she is in the...

Pilot, Brother Killed in Tema Aircraft Crash Were Sons of Hebron Prayer Camp Founder

The two victims of Monday’s fatal microlight aircraft crash...

Related Articles