NPP Fears Kenyan Youth Uprising in Ghana, Trying to Bribe Young People – Mahama Ayariga

The Member of Parliament for Bawku Central, Mahama Ayariga, says the NPP government, frightened by the youth uprising in Kenya, has dropped some crumbs to the youth of Ghana in the hope of appeasing them and forestalling a similar sentiment in Ghana.

In the aftermath of the banking sector collapse in Ghana, more than 20,000 jobs were lost both directly and indirectly. Businesses and individuals who relied on their investments with the banks to run their own micro and small-scale industries saw their businesses collapse, leading to job losses for their employees as well.

- Advertisement -

Several years down the line, after the private sector has been dealt a debilitating blow and unemployment has created a very despondent youth, the NPP figures that announcing 11,000 recruitment into the security agencies will calm the nerves of the youth.

“But the refusal to use a fair and transparent process to carry out the recruitment might fuel more anger against the political class. We must fight for youth with no political connections to be given a fair and equal opportunity as citizens.”

“What is about to happen is potentially the greatest scandal in Ghana’s security sector recruitment history. This rogue exercise must be resisted,” he said.

- Advertisement -

It will be recalled that the Interior Minister revealed the 11,000 recruits into the security agencies announced by the government will come from a preexisting list of youth applicants, and those who are not part of the list will not be considered.

The Minority in Parliament had earlier raised red flags over this last-minute recruitment, alleging that the NPP government offered 30 slots each to their Parliamentary Candidates in the forthcoming elections to distribute to their party foot soldiers.

By: Ekow Annan/newsalertgh.com

- Advertisement -
Thank you for reading from the team at NewsAlertGH, your reliable news source in Ghana. We invite you to share this story across your social media platforms and stay engaged with us on Facebook https://web.facebook.com/people/News-Alert-Gh/61552476518106/, Twitter https://x.com/newsalertgh, and Instagram. For feedback and enquiries, kindly contact us on ‪+233 (0) 546337300‬ or via mail at newsalertgh1@gmail.com. We appreciate your continued support.

FOLLOW US VIA FACEBOOK AND X.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

HOT THIS WEEK

Your day of reckoning is coming — Afenyo-Markin warns GoldBod CEO Sammy Gyamfi

Minority Leader Osahen Alexander Afenyo-Markin has warned Ghana Gold...

“Your bail conditions will be scary” – Afenyo-Markin warns Sammy Gyamfi, GoldBod executives

The Minority Leader, Osahen Alexander Kwamena Afenyo-Markin, has warned...

Dr Cassiel Ato Forson: Finance Minister officially hands over Defence Ministry to Kenneth Gilbert Adjei

Finance Minister Dr Cassiel Ato Forson has formally handed...

TOPICS

Achimota School Marks Its 97th Anniversary in Grand Style

Achimota School has celebrated its 97th anniversary in grand...

Saboba N/R: Physically-challenged teacher dies over frozen salary

The immediate family of a basic education teacher in...

EC begins processes to create 25 new constituencies

The Electoral Commission of Ghana has begun processes to...

BREAKING: John Kumah, Deputy Minister for Finance reported dead

The Deputy Minister of Finance, John Ampontuah Kumah has...

Kate, Princess of Wales: I am having cancer treatment

The Princess of Wales says she is in the...

Pilot, Brother Killed in Tema Aircraft Crash Were Sons of Hebron Prayer Camp Founder

The two victims of Monday’s fatal microlight aircraft crash...

Related Articles