Israel resumes allowing aid into the Gaza Strip

Israel has resumed allowing humanitarian goods into the Gaza Strip after previously halting aid deliveries following what it said were terrorist strikes on its forces that killed two, security sources said on Monday. The political leadership has ordered that “humanitarian aid continues to enter the Gaza Strip through the Kerem Shalom Crossing and additional crossings after Israeli inspection, in full compliance with the signed agreement,” an Israeli security official said. However, it remains unclear how many crossings have actually reopened for aid deliveries.

On Sunday, security sources stated that aid deliveries to the Gaza Strip were suspended due to the “blatant violation” of the ceasefire agreements by the Islamist militant group Hamas. According to the Israeli army, soldiers in the southern Gaza Strip were attacked with an anti-tank missile on Sunday, resulting in the deaths of two soldiers. In response, Israel carried out the heaviest airstrikes since the ceasefire began on October 10. Hamas has insisted it was not behind the attacks.

- Advertisement -

Hospital sources reported that 44 Palestinians were killed in the Israeli strikes. Israeli security sources also stated that the Rafah border crossing between the Gaza Strip and Egypt will remain closed to passenger traffic until further notice. Following the implementation of the ceasefire, aid deliveries had been expanded as part of the agreement, with a target of 600 trucks per day.

GNA

- Advertisement -
Thank you for reading from the team at NewsAlertGH, your reliable news source in Ghana. We invite you to share this story across your social media platforms and stay engaged with us on Facebook https://web.facebook.com/people/News-Alert-Gh/61552476518106/, Twitter https://x.com/newsalertgh, and Instagram. For feedback and enquiries, kindly contact us on ‪+233 (0) 546337300‬ or via mail at newsalertgh1@gmail.com. We appreciate your continued support.

FOLLOW US VIA FACEBOOK AND X.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

HOT THIS WEEK

Okoe-Boye secures landslide victory in Greater Accra NPP chairmanship race

Former Ledzokuku MP, Dr Bernard Okoe-Boye, has secured a...

Russia-Ukraine war: 62 Ghanaians killed, 15 missing – Ablakwa

Minister of Foreign Affairs, Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa, has revealed...

NPP polls: Full list of newly elected NPP regional chairmen

Delegates of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) have elected...

AG withdraws stay application against Sedina Tamakloe as Court of Appeal strikes it out

The Court of Appeal has struck out, as withdrawn,...

Driver busted with cocaine at Accra International Airport

The Narcotics Control Commission (NACOC) has intercepted a significant...

TOPICS

Achimota School Marks Its 97th Anniversary in Grand Style

Achimota School has celebrated its 97th anniversary in grand...

Saboba N/R: Physically-challenged teacher dies over frozen salary

The immediate family of a basic education teacher in...

EC begins processes to create 25 new constituencies

The Electoral Commission of Ghana has begun processes to...

BREAKING: John Kumah, Deputy Minister for Finance reported dead

The Deputy Minister of Finance, John Ampontuah Kumah has...

Kate, Princess of Wales: I am having cancer treatment

The Princess of Wales says she is in the...

Pilot, Brother Killed in Tema Aircraft Crash Were Sons of Hebron Prayer Camp Founder

The two victims of Monday’s fatal microlight aircraft crash...

Related Articles