Ga Chiefs have rallied to the defence of Moses Abor, the aspiring New Patriotic Party (NPP) Parliamentary Candidate (PC) for the Ayawaso Central constituency. According to the Chiefs, the former Greater Accra Regional Youth Organiser is not involved in selling lands for personal gain to further his political ambition.
This follows claims by some allegedly disputed Chiefs that Moses Abor has contracted landguards and hoodlums and taking over the lands in Kweiman, Damfa and Amrahia.
However, the Ga Chiefs have stepped forward to refute these claims and maintain that Abor’s actions are consistent with the values of the community.
At a press conference on Saturday, October 14, 2023, the Divisional Chief of Damfa, Nii Dzani Tsuru Afutu Brempong IV affirmed that Moses Abor has a longstanding history of community involvement and has been a dedicated advocate for the interests of the people of Damfa in reclaiming back their lands from government.
He said over the years, Moses Abor has shown a deep commitment to the welfare and development of the Damfa area and its environs and added that they have not observed any misconduct or misuse of land for political gains.
“Let me state emphatically, that Moses Abor is not involved in the sale of lands. First and foremost, Moses Abor is not encroaching on or selling our lands to champion his MP ambition. That claim is alien to us, and we challenge Nii Kweiman and Ashong Kojo to back those allegations with evidence,” Nii Afutu Brempong said at the press conference.
It will be recalled that at a press conference last week, the disputed Chief of Amrahia, Nii Ashong Kojo III made a fervent plea to the Akufo-Addo-led government for protection against the ongoing menace of land guards being visited on them by Moses Abor, Clement Gyato and Ben Seyram.
Flanked by the Chiefs, family heads and Wulomei of Kweiman, Damfa and Amrahia, Nii Kojo also alleged that these individuals have been at the forefront of land theft, using various illegal means to deprive the rightful landowners of their property.
“We have suffered for far too long under the constant threat of land guards. Our people live in fear, and our lands are under siege. We call on the government to intervene immediately and put an end to this crisis. “We are once again raising our voices because our lands are under siege. We have credible evidence that Moses Abor and certain NPP officials are involved in illegal land sales,” declared Nii Ashong Kojo, his voice resonating with the urgency of the situation.


