Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa: North Tongu MP petitions World Bank to probe Ursula’s US$48m ‘unapproved’ contract

The Member of Parliament for North Tongu, Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa, has petitioned the World Bank to investigate a $48 million unapproved contract signed by the Minister of Communications and Digitalization, Ursula Owusu-Ekuful.

Last week, Ablakwa alleged that the Minister had awarded the said contract without the approval of the Public Procurement Authority (PPA). The minister however denied those claims and challenged Ablakwa to provide evidence of the contract she allegedly signed.

- Advertisement -

In response, Ablakwa presented additional details, which the minister dismissed as an attempt to shift the focus of the issue.

On July 12, 2023, Ablakwa publicly released the formal petition he had submitted to the World Bank a day earlier.

Taking to his Twitter handle, he called for an investigation into what he described as “irregularities, misrepresentation, insider dealing, and conflict of interest” surrounding the US$48 million Ascend Scandal. He also questioned how this scandal was used to fraudulently secure a US$49.5 million World Bank-funded eTransform project.

- Advertisement -

The petition, consisting of eight pages, was addressed to Ms Maria C. Mallo, a senior investigator at the World Bank in Washington.

“Yesterday I petitioned @WorldBank to launch investigations into the litany of irregularities, misrepresentation, insider dealing & conflict of interest relating to the US$48million Ascend Scandal & how that was used to fraudulently secure a US$49.5m WB funded eTransform project,” he tweeted.
https://twitter.com/S_OkudzetoAblak/status/1679017066437783552/photo/1
- Advertisement -
Thank you for reading from the team at NewsAlertGH, your reliable news source in Ghana. We invite you to share this story across your social media platforms and stay engaged with us on Facebook https://web.facebook.com/people/News-Alert-Gh/61552476518106/, Twitter https://x.com/newsalertgh, and Instagram. For feedback and enquiries, kindly contact us on ‪+233 (0) 546337300‬ or via mail at newsalertgh1@gmail.com. We appreciate your continued support.

FOLLOW US VIA FACEBOOK AND X.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

HOT THIS WEEK

Your day of reckoning is coming — Afenyo-Markin warns GoldBod CEO Sammy Gyamfi

Minority Leader Osahen Alexander Afenyo-Markin has warned Ghana Gold...

Ho Assembly Destroys Expired Drinks, Food Products

The Ho Municipal Assembly has destroyed hundreds of cartons...

President Mahama inaugurates Paga SHS E-Block; pledges to complete stalled projects

President John Dramani Mahama has inaugurated the abandoned E-Block...

Russia-Ukraine war: 62 Ghanaians killed, 15 missing – Ablakwa

Minister of Foreign Affairs, Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa, has revealed...

Nana Yirenkyi I dismisses reports of Sammi Awuku’s arrest by EOCO

The Mampong Akuapem Apesemakahene, Nana Yirenkyi I, has dismissed...

TOPICS

Achimota School Marks Its 97th Anniversary in Grand Style

Achimota School has celebrated its 97th anniversary in grand...

Saboba N/R: Physically-challenged teacher dies over frozen salary

The immediate family of a basic education teacher in...

EC begins processes to create 25 new constituencies

The Electoral Commission of Ghana has begun processes to...

BREAKING: John Kumah, Deputy Minister for Finance reported dead

The Deputy Minister of Finance, John Ampontuah Kumah has...

Kate, Princess of Wales: I am having cancer treatment

The Princess of Wales says she is in the...

Pilot, Brother Killed in Tema Aircraft Crash Were Sons of Hebron Prayer Camp Founder

The two victims of Monday’s fatal microlight aircraft crash...

Related Articles