Shatta Wale granted GH₵10m bail after EOCO detention over Lamborghini case – Management

Dancehall artiste Shatta Wale has been granted bail of GH₵10 million with two sureties after being detained by the Economic and Organised Crime Office (EOCO) in connection with a yellow Lamborghini Urus vehicle.

His management team confirmed the bail through his manager, Samuel Atuobi Baah, who said the legal team was working to settle the conditions by Thursday, August 21, 2025.

- Advertisement -

Shatta Wale, known privately as Charles Nii Armah Mensah Jr., had presented himself to EOCO on Wednesday, August 20, accompanied by his lawyer, Cephas Biyuo, to assist in ongoing investigations.

According to his management, the inquiry relates to tax obligations on the luxury vehicle and the operations of the artiste’s company.

His detention was first made public in a Facebook post by Sammy Flex, who assured fans that the team was actively working with authorities.

- Advertisement -

“We urge the SM Family and all well-wishers to remain calm and avoid any speculation. We have the utmost confidence in the judicial process,” Mr Baah said.

It will be recalled that EOCO seized a 2019 Lamborghini Urus from Shatta Wale’s Trassaco Valley residence earlier.

In a statement signed by its Acting Executive Director, Raymond Archer, EOCO revealed that the operation was carried out in June on the basis of a 2023 request from the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Department of Justice.

The agency explained that the vehicle had been linked to the criminal proceeds of Nana Kwabena Amuah, who is serving an 86-month sentence in the United States for financial crimes.

- Advertisement -

“The car was seized from Charles Nii Armah, aka Shatta Wale… The vehicle is currently in EOCO’s possession,” the statement said.

It added that Shatta Wale had pleaded with officers not to make the seizure public, citing fears that it could damage his brand. EOCO said the FBI and the Justice Department were expected to formally request the return of the vehicle to the US as part of a $4.7 million restitution order against Amuah.

The agency further indicated that Shatta Wale and a former senior officer of the National Signal Bureau had been assessed as persons of interest and may be invited again for questioning as investigations progress.

Graphic Online

- Advertisement -
Thank you for reading from the team at NewsAlertGH, your reliable news source in Ghana. We invite you to share this story across your social media platforms and stay engaged with us on Facebook https://web.facebook.com/people/News-Alert-Gh/61552476518106/, Twitter https://x.com/newsalertgh, and Instagram. For feedback and enquiries, kindly contact us on ‪+233 (0) 546337300‬ or via mail at newsalertgh1@gmail.com. We appreciate your continued support.

FOLLOW US VIA FACEBOOK AND X.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

HOT THIS WEEK

Speaker Bagbin recalls MPs for five-day urgent parliamentary business

Speaker of Parliament Rt Hon Alban Sumana Kingsford Bagbin...

Your day of reckoning is coming — Afenyo-Markin warns GoldBod CEO Sammy Gyamfi

Minority Leader Osahen Alexander Afenyo-Markin has warned Ghana Gold...

President Mahama inspects science lab project at UTAS

On the first day of his two-day #ResettingGhana Tour...

NPP holds regional executive elections today

The New Patriotic Party (NPP) is set to hold...

Driver busted with cocaine at Accra International Airport

The Narcotics Control Commission (NACOC) has intercepted a significant...

TOPICS

Achimota School Marks Its 97th Anniversary in Grand Style

Achimota School has celebrated its 97th anniversary in grand...

Saboba N/R: Physically-challenged teacher dies over frozen salary

The immediate family of a basic education teacher in...

EC begins processes to create 25 new constituencies

The Electoral Commission of Ghana has begun processes to...

BREAKING: John Kumah, Deputy Minister for Finance reported dead

The Deputy Minister of Finance, John Ampontuah Kumah has...

Kate, Princess of Wales: I am having cancer treatment

The Princess of Wales says she is in the...

Pilot, Brother Killed in Tema Aircraft Crash Were Sons of Hebron Prayer Camp Founder

The two victims of Monday’s fatal microlight aircraft crash...

Related Articles