He begged me till his death – Alan addresses infamous da Rocha letter of 2008

Independent presidential hopeful, Alan Kyerematen has addressed an infamous letter written in 2008 by then chairman of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), the late B.J. da Rocha.

In the said letter, the chairman is on record as saying Alan should be allowed to leave the party as he wished because he was a disruptive force in the group.

- Advertisement -

A Ghana News Agency report at the time said the chairman held that aside from being a “disruptive factor in the party,” Alan was also “a stumbling block and loose cannon”.

“The party has an election to win. We should concentrate our efforts on the task ahead and let him go his way in peace,” Mr da Rocha said in the GNA report.

Alan has, however, chronicled a sequence of events relative to how he had to confront the late chairman over his approach in seeking to resolve tensions at the time.

- Advertisement -

“I had just met Da Rocha in Accra on my way to Kumasi and when I arrived, he had already granted an interview (i.e. issued a statement), calling me a disruptive factor.”

“When I had the opportunity, I confronted him frontally and asked him if he was serious at all because I felt as an elderly person, he should have known better.”

“I told him he acted in bad faith. Later on, he called consistently to apologise before his death,” he disclosed on Accra-based UTV on September 26.

The said statements by da Rocha have resurfaced in light of Alan’s second resignation from NPP on Monday.

- Advertisement -

Alan Kyerematen’s decision to run as an independent candidate came on September 25, when he officially resigned from the NPP.

This move followed his withdrawal from the NPP’s flagbearer race, which reportedly stemmed from challenges encountered during a Super Delegates Conference held within the party in August 2023.

In his official statement regarding his resignation and independent candidacy, Alan Kyerematen stated, “Under the circumstances and given the context, I am honourably resigning from the New Patriotic Party to contest the high office of the presidency in 2024 as an independent presidential candidate.”

Source: GhanaWeb

- Advertisement -
Thank you for reading from the team at NewsAlertGH, your reliable news source in Ghana. We invite you to share this story across your social media platforms and stay engaged with us on Facebook https://web.facebook.com/people/News-Alert-Gh/61552476518106/, Twitter https://x.com/newsalertgh, and Instagram. For feedback and enquiries, kindly contact us on ‪+233 (0) 546337300‬ or via mail at newsalertgh1@gmail.com. We appreciate your continued support.

FOLLOW US VIA FACEBOOK AND X.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

HOT THIS WEEK

NPP regional polls: Sorting, counting underway after largely peaceful voting

Sorting and counting of ballots are underway across several...

“Your bail conditions will be scary” – Afenyo-Markin warns Sammy Gyamfi, GoldBod executives

The Minority Leader, Osahen Alexander Kwamena Afenyo-Markin, has warned...

Ho Assembly Destroys Expired Drinks, Food Products

The Ho Municipal Assembly has destroyed hundreds of cartons...

Ghana to hold referendum on proposed constitutional amendments in 2027 – Mahama

President John Dramani Mahama has announced plans to hold...

Paul Yandoh loses Ashanti NPP Secretary race despite cross-party backing

Paul Yandoh has placed third in the New Patriotic...

TOPICS

Achimota School Marks Its 97th Anniversary in Grand Style

Achimota School has celebrated its 97th anniversary in grand...

Saboba N/R: Physically-challenged teacher dies over frozen salary

The immediate family of a basic education teacher in...

EC begins processes to create 25 new constituencies

The Electoral Commission of Ghana has begun processes to...

BREAKING: John Kumah, Deputy Minister for Finance reported dead

The Deputy Minister of Finance, John Ampontuah Kumah has...

Kate, Princess of Wales: I am having cancer treatment

The Princess of Wales says she is in the...

Pilot, Brother Killed in Tema Aircraft Crash Were Sons of Hebron Prayer Camp Founder

The two victims of Monday’s fatal microlight aircraft crash...

Related Articles