We made mistakes, please forgive us, it won’t happen again – Bawumia to NPP

Former Vice President and New Patriotic Party (NPP) flagbearer hopeful, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, has admitted that governance lapses under the previous NPP government contributed to the party’s 2024 election defeat and appealed to the party for forgiveness.

Speaking to delegates in the Ashanti Region, Dr. Bawumia said internal research conducted after the elections revealed that both the government and the party failed in several key areas.

- Advertisement -

“After we finished the elections and conducted research, we realised that the government and our party [NPP] made many mistakes in governance.

“There were things we were supposed to do, but we did not do them. There were also things that, if we had known better, we would not have done,” he said.

- Advertisement -

He acknowledged that responsibility for those mistakes was collective, involving himself, ministers, Members of Parliament, board chairpersons, and government appointees.

“So, I am here — and we are all part of this: the Vice President, Ministers, MPs, board chairpersons, and appointees. We have made mistakes, and we ask for your forgiveness.

“We have truly learned our lessons, and by God’s will, if you elect me as flagbearer and I become president, such things will not happen again,” Dr Bawumia told the delegates.

The former vice president assured the gathering that lessons had been learned and pledged that, under his leadership, the party would not repeat past errors.

- Advertisement -

“We have really learned our lessons, so please forgive us — it will not happen again,” he emphasized.

myjoyonline

- Advertisement -
Thank you for reading from the team at NewsAlertGH, your reliable news source in Ghana. We invite you to share this story across your social media platforms and stay engaged with us on Facebook https://web.facebook.com/people/News-Alert-Gh/61552476518106/, Twitter https://x.com/newsalertgh, and Instagram. For feedback and enquiries, kindly contact us on ‪+233 (0) 546337300‬ or via mail at newsalertgh1@gmail.com. We appreciate your continued support.

FOLLOW US VIA FACEBOOK AND X.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

HOT THIS WEEK

Ghana’s special envoy for reparations pays courtesy call on Ghana mission in the Hague

Ghana’s Presidential Special Envoy for Reparations, Ambassador Ekwow Spio-Garbrah,...

Ho Teaching Hospital Appeals for Support for 500-Bed Expansion

The Governing Board of the Ho Teaching Hospital (HTH)...

‘GoldBod is a very big scandal awaiting us’ – Afenyo-Markin

Minority Leader Alexander Afenyo-Markin has warned that the operations...

TOPICS

Achimota School Marks Its 97th Anniversary in Grand Style

Achimota School has celebrated its 97th anniversary in grand...

Saboba N/R: Physically-challenged teacher dies over frozen salary

The immediate family of a basic education teacher in...

EC begins processes to create 25 new constituencies

The Electoral Commission of Ghana has begun processes to...

BREAKING: John Kumah, Deputy Minister for Finance reported dead

The Deputy Minister of Finance, John Ampontuah Kumah has...

Kate, Princess of Wales: I am having cancer treatment

The Princess of Wales says she is in the...

Pilot, Brother Killed in Tema Aircraft Crash Were Sons of Hebron Prayer Camp Founder

The two victims of Monday’s fatal microlight aircraft crash...

Related Articles