Unemployed man jailed for stealing laptop at Ministry of Labour, Jobs and Employment

An unemployed man who stole a laptop at the Ministry of Labour, Jobs and Employment has been sentenced to two years imprisonment.

Foster Nyarko, 36, had gone to the Ministry to seek a cleaning job.

- Advertisement -

Nyarko had earlier pleaded guilty to unlawful entry and stealing a laptop, valued at GHC24,745, before an Accra Circuit Court.

The court, presided over by Basilia Adjei-Tawiah, sentenced Nyarko to a year imprisonment on the charge of unlawful entry and two years for stealing. Sentences are to run concurrently.

The convict had earlier been jailed for stealing a mobile phone at the Commission for Human Rights and Administrative Justice this year while on a job hunt.

- Advertisement -

Prosecution told the court that the complainant was a lawyer at the Ministry of Labour, Jobs and Employment, while the accused resided at Opera Square in Accra.

On December 4, 2024, Nyarko went to the Ministry in search of a job (cleaning). On reaching the office, he was directed to see the Human Resource Director.

The prosecution said Nyarko went to the second floor, where he entered the office of the complainant: the Director of Policy, Planning, Monitoring, and Evaluation at the Ministry. He did not meet the complainant.

The court was told that Nyarko took advantage of his absence and stole his HP Laptop Computer on his desk, valued at GHC24745. He hid the laptop in his backpack and left.

- Advertisement -

Investigations led to the arrest of Nyarko, and he admitted that offence and said he sold the laptop to an unidentified person in Takoradi.

GNA

- Advertisement -
Thank you for reading from the team at NewsAlertGH, your reliable news source in Ghana. We invite you to share this story across your social media platforms and stay engaged with us on Facebook https://web.facebook.com/people/News-Alert-Gh/61552476518106/, Twitter https://x.com/newsalertgh, and Instagram. For feedback and enquiries, kindly contact us on ‪+233 (0) 546337300‬ or via mail at newsalertgh1@gmail.com. We appreciate your continued support.

FOLLOW US VIA FACEBOOK AND X.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

HOT THIS WEEK

Government pays GH¢10.8 billion DDEP coupon on time, in full and in cash

The Ministry of Finance has announced the payment of...

Sammy Gyamfi dismisses $1.7bn GoldBod loss claim as ‘barefaced lie’

The Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana Gold Board...

Justice Pwamang to rule Friday on Oppong Nkrumah’s bid to halt vacation trials

Justice Gabriel Pwamang of the Supreme Court has fixed...

TOPICS

Achimota School Marks Its 97th Anniversary in Grand Style

Achimota School has celebrated its 97th anniversary in grand...

Saboba N/R: Physically-challenged teacher dies over frozen salary

The immediate family of a basic education teacher in...

EC begins processes to create 25 new constituencies

The Electoral Commission of Ghana has begun processes to...

BREAKING: John Kumah, Deputy Minister for Finance reported dead

The Deputy Minister of Finance, John Ampontuah Kumah has...

Kate, Princess of Wales: I am having cancer treatment

The Princess of Wales says she is in the...

Pilot, Brother Killed in Tema Aircraft Crash Were Sons of Hebron Prayer Camp Founder

The two victims of Monday’s fatal microlight aircraft crash...

Related Articles