J.B Danquah Adu Murder: Sexy Dondon to open defence, Court acquits second accused person

An Accra High Court hearing the murder case of J.B. Danquah Adu, late Member of Parliament for Abuakwa North, has acquitted and discharged Vincent Bossu, the second accused person.

The court presided over by Justice Lydia Osei Marfo in her ruling on submission of no case, held that “no case has been made against Bossu.”

- Advertisement -

Bossu was standing trial with Daniel Asiedu aka Sexy Dondon, the first accused person.

The two were jointly held on charges of conspiracy to commit robbery.

Asiedu is being held on charges of murder and robbery. They have denied the charges before a seven-member jury.

- Advertisement -

The court has, however, asked Asiedu, the first accused person, to open his defence because a case had been made against him.

Meanwhile, the cross-examination of Assistant Superintendent of Police Augustus Nkrumah, the case investigator has ended, and he has been discharged by the court.

At today’s sitting, Mr Yaw Dankwah, defence lawyer, prayed the court to make a submission of no case on behalf of Bossu, the second accused person.

He said it was clear from the prosecution’s case and evidence that they had failed to prove any case against Bossu beyond a reasonable doubt.

- Advertisement -

“Since the burden is not on us, we pray you release and discharge the second accused person.”

The court held that the prosecution had failed to make a case against the second accused person and therefore acquitted and discharged him on the charge of conspiracy to rob.

In the case of Asiedu, the court said the prosecution had succeeded in making a case against him and ordered him to open his defence and file any witness statements and another person he wished to call in the matter.

The matter has been adjourned to March 22, 2024.

Asiedu is standing trial for his involvement in the murder of the late MP at his residence at Shaishie in Accra in February 2016.

GNA

- Advertisement -
Thank you for reading from the team at NewsAlertGH, your reliable news source in Ghana. We invite you to share this story across your social media platforms and stay engaged with us on Facebook https://web.facebook.com/people/News-Alert-Gh/61552476518106/, Twitter https://x.com/newsalertgh, and Instagram. For feedback and enquiries, kindly contact us on ‪+233 (0) 546337300‬ or via mail at newsalertgh1@gmail.com. We appreciate your continued support.

FOLLOW US VIA FACEBOOK AND X.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

HOT THIS WEEK

Ghana’s special envoy for reparations pays courtesy call on Ghana mission in the Hague

Ghana’s Presidential Special Envoy for Reparations, Ambassador Ekwow Spio-Garbrah,...

Ho Teaching Hospital Appeals for Support for 500-Bed Expansion

The Governing Board of the Ho Teaching Hospital (HTH)...

Two security men of Bolga Girls SHS arrested over alleged defilement of special needs student

The Upper East Regional Police Command has arrested two...

TOPICS

Achimota School Marks Its 97th Anniversary in Grand Style

Achimota School has celebrated its 97th anniversary in grand...

Saboba N/R: Physically-challenged teacher dies over frozen salary

The immediate family of a basic education teacher in...

EC begins processes to create 25 new constituencies

The Electoral Commission of Ghana has begun processes to...

BREAKING: John Kumah, Deputy Minister for Finance reported dead

The Deputy Minister of Finance, John Ampontuah Kumah has...

Kate, Princess of Wales: I am having cancer treatment

The Princess of Wales says she is in the...

Pilot, Brother Killed in Tema Aircraft Crash Were Sons of Hebron Prayer Camp Founder

The two victims of Monday’s fatal microlight aircraft crash...

Related Articles