Abeka: Security guard, 50, in court for allegedly having sex with 9-year-old girl

A 50-year-old security guard accused of having sex with a nine-year-old girl in Abeka has appeared before an Accra Circuit Court.

Winfred Nyefene is alleged to have offered the victim GHC2 after his last sexual encounter with her.

- Advertisement -

Nyefene was charged with defilement. He pleaded not guilty.

Mrs Susuana Eduful, the relieving judge, admitted Nyefene to bail in the sum of GHC100,000 with two sureties, one of whom must be a family member and the other a public servant earning at least GHC2,000.

The court has adjourned the matter to March 13, 2024.

- Advertisement -

The court further advised Nyefene to seek the services of a lawyer from the Legal Aid Commission.

The prosecution argued that the complainant is the mother of the victim, a class four pupil.

It said the parties in the case are co-tenants residing at Abeka, Accra.

On January 8, 2024, at about 1800 hours, a witness in the case saw the victim coming from Nyefene’s room.

- Advertisement -

The prosecution stated that a witness who had previously observed the victim leave the room became “highly suspicious” and alerted another relative, who then informed the complainant.

It said the complainant examined the victim, who disclosed that Nyefene had sexual intercourse with her on several occasions, the most recent being January 8, 2024.

According to the prosecutor, the victim mentioned the most recent incident, in which Nyefene offered her GHc2.00 for having sex with her in his room.

On January 9, 2024, the Tesano DOVVSU received a report on the matter and issued a medical form for the victim to be examined and treated.

In the victim’s statement to the police, she indicated that Nyefene had had sex with her on five separate occasions.

The prosecution said Nyefene was arrested but denied the offence in his caution statement.

GNA

- Advertisement -
Thank you for reading from the team at NewsAlertGH, your reliable news source in Ghana. We invite you to share this story across your social media platforms and stay engaged with us on Facebook https://web.facebook.com/people/News-Alert-Gh/61552476518106/, Twitter https://x.com/newsalertgh, and Instagram. For feedback and enquiries, kindly contact us on ‪+233 (0) 546337300‬ or via mail at newsalertgh1@gmail.com. We appreciate your continued support.

FOLLOW US VIA FACEBOOK AND X.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

HOT THIS WEEK

Makafui Woanyah Retains NPP Volta Chairmanship in Closely Fought Regional Elections

Makafui Kofi Woanyah has retained the New Patriotic Party...

Paul Yandoh loses Ashanti NPP Secretary race despite cross-party backing

Paul Yandoh has placed third in the New Patriotic...

Nana Yirenkyi I dismisses reports of Sammi Awuku’s arrest by EOCO

The Mampong Akuapem Apesemakahene, Nana Yirenkyi I, has dismissed...

Your day of reckoning is coming — Afenyo-Markin warns GoldBod CEO Sammy Gyamfi

Minority Leader Osahen Alexander Afenyo-Markin has warned Ghana Gold...

Abronye DC sweeps Bono Regional NPP chairmanship race with 157-vote margin

Kwame Baffoe, popularly known as Abronye DC, has retained...

TOPICS

Achimota School Marks Its 97th Anniversary in Grand Style

Achimota School has celebrated its 97th anniversary in grand...

Saboba N/R: Physically-challenged teacher dies over frozen salary

The immediate family of a basic education teacher in...

EC begins processes to create 25 new constituencies

The Electoral Commission of Ghana has begun processes to...

BREAKING: John Kumah, Deputy Minister for Finance reported dead

The Deputy Minister of Finance, John Ampontuah Kumah has...

Kate, Princess of Wales: I am having cancer treatment

The Princess of Wales says she is in the...

Pilot, Brother Killed in Tema Aircraft Crash Were Sons of Hebron Prayer Camp Founder

The two victims of Monday’s fatal microlight aircraft crash...

Related Articles