Anto-Aboso quarry operators will face full rigours of law – Western Regional Minister

The Western Regional Minister, Kwabena Okyere Darko Mensah, says quarry operators at the Anto-Aboso quarry site will face the full rigours of the law.

Speaking to Citi News after inspecting the site, he revealed that the quarry operators, STA Addsams, who had taken over from the previous Omni Quarry operators, had not completed their licensing processes and were therefore not expected to be working.

- Advertisement -

Although this is contrary to the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) position, the Regional Minister assured that the operators will definitely face the law for the disaster.

This follows the death and injury of some persons after an explosive disaster that occurred Saturday night at the quarry site, which is operated by some Chinese at Anto-Aboso in the Shama District of the Western Region.

- Advertisement -

Four dead bodies have so far been recovered from the site of the explosion.

Officials from the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO) have told Citi News that 22 persons were at the site when the explosion occurred.

The four bodies retrieved included three Ghanaians and one foreigner.

Five injured persons are currently receiving treatment at the hospital, while nine have been discharged.

- Advertisement -

Four persons are however unaccounted for.

“Four persons have been found dead. They are at the mortuary at the moment. Three blacks and one white lady. The other four Chinese cannot be found. We are trying to get an excavator to find out if many have been trapped,” the Shama District Officer of NADMO, Emmanual Nyan, told Citi News earlier on Sunday.

Source: citinewsroom

- Advertisement -
Thank you for reading from the team at NewsAlertGH, your reliable news source in Ghana. We invite you to share this story across your social media platforms and stay engaged with us on Facebook https://web.facebook.com/people/News-Alert-Gh/61552476518106/, Twitter https://x.com/newsalertgh, and Instagram. For feedback and enquiries, kindly contact us on ‪+233 (0) 546337300‬ or via mail at newsalertgh1@gmail.com. We appreciate your continued support.

FOLLOW US VIA FACEBOOK AND X.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

HOT THIS WEEK

NPP polls: Full list of newly elected NPP regional chairmen

Delegates of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) have elected...

Work resumes on 118km Bolgatanga-Bawku-Pulmakom road as govt assures prompt payments

President John Dramani Mahama has commended Brazilian construction firm...

Driver busted with cocaine at Accra International Airport

The Narcotics Control Commission (NACOC) has intercepted a significant...

“Your bail conditions will be scary” – Afenyo-Markin warns Sammy Gyamfi, GoldBod executives

The Minority Leader, Osahen Alexander Kwamena Afenyo-Markin, has warned...

Ghana’s special envoy for reparations pays courtesy call on Ghana mission in the Hague

Ghana’s Presidential Special Envoy for Reparations, Ambassador Ekwow Spio-Garbrah,...

TOPICS

Achimota School Marks Its 97th Anniversary in Grand Style

Achimota School has celebrated its 97th anniversary in grand...

Saboba N/R: Physically-challenged teacher dies over frozen salary

The immediate family of a basic education teacher in...

EC begins processes to create 25 new constituencies

The Electoral Commission of Ghana has begun processes to...

BREAKING: John Kumah, Deputy Minister for Finance reported dead

The Deputy Minister of Finance, John Ampontuah Kumah has...

Kate, Princess of Wales: I am having cancer treatment

The Princess of Wales says she is in the...

Pilot, Brother Killed in Tema Aircraft Crash Were Sons of Hebron Prayer Camp Founder

The two victims of Monday’s fatal microlight aircraft crash...

Related Articles