IGP leaked tape probe: Bugri Naabu fabricated stories against me – Supt. Asare

Superintendent George Asare, a senior police officer implicated in the alleged plot to remove Inspector General of Police (IGP) Dr George Akuffo Dampare, has accused Bugri Naabu, the former Northern Regional Chairman of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), of fabricating stories against him.

During his appearance before the committee investigating the leaked tape on Monday, September 4, Supt. Asare claimed that some of the statements attributed to him were concocted by Bugri Naabu and were not directly from him.

- Advertisement -

He explained that he had visited Mr. Naabu’s office where the NPP leading stalwart informed him that the government was seeking a new IGP and had requested his recommendations. Supt. Asare stated that he had suggested three names: COP Alex Mensah, Maame Yaa Tiwaa Addo-Danquah, and Christian Tetteh Yuhuno.

“I went to Mr Naabu’s office on his invitation…after he told me that the government was looking for a new IGP and asked me for recommendations…I made three recommendations, including COP Alex Mensah, Maame Yaa Tiwaa Addo-Danquah and Christian Tetteh Yuhuno,” Supt. Asare said.

He further disclosed to the Parliamentary Committee that the meeting, which was recorded by Bugri Naabu, had taken place on June 19, 2023, at Mr. Naabu’s office in Osu, Accra.

- Advertisement -

He became the fourth witness to appear before the committee, following Bugri Naabu, who had been previously questioned. Additionally, two police officers, Supt. Emmanuel Gyebi and Commissioner George Mensah had also been grilled by the Atta Akyea-led committee.

The controversy surrounding the leaked tape escalated when COP Mensah claimed that the IGP was behind the recording and possessed the original copy. Consequently, there were calls for the IGP to be summoned as a witness.

- Advertisement -
Thank you for reading from the team at NewsAlertGH, your reliable news source in Ghana. We invite you to share this story across your social media platforms and stay engaged with us on Facebook https://web.facebook.com/people/News-Alert-Gh/61552476518106/, Twitter https://x.com/newsalertgh, and Instagram. For feedback and enquiries, kindly contact us on ‪+233 (0) 546337300‬ or via mail at newsalertgh1@gmail.com. We appreciate your continued support.

FOLLOW US VIA FACEBOOK AND X.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

HOT THIS WEEK

Powerful BDCs lobby NPA to build regional depots in bid to neutralize BOST Energies

Radiant Media and Intelligence Hub has gathered that a...

NPP holds regional executive elections today

The New Patriotic Party (NPP) is set to hold...

Nana Yirenkyi I dismisses reports of Sammi Awuku’s arrest by EOCO

The Mampong Akuapem Apesemakahene, Nana Yirenkyi I, has dismissed...

Manhyia Palace imposes immediate ban on unauthorised drone flights

Manhyia Palace has placed an immediate ban on all...

Ho Teaching Hospital Appeals for Support for 500-Bed Expansion

The Governing Board of the Ho Teaching Hospital (HTH)...

TOPICS

Achimota School Marks Its 97th Anniversary in Grand Style

Achimota School has celebrated its 97th anniversary in grand...

Saboba N/R: Physically-challenged teacher dies over frozen salary

The immediate family of a basic education teacher in...

EC begins processes to create 25 new constituencies

The Electoral Commission of Ghana has begun processes to...

BREAKING: John Kumah, Deputy Minister for Finance reported dead

The Deputy Minister of Finance, John Ampontuah Kumah has...

Kate, Princess of Wales: I am having cancer treatment

The Princess of Wales says she is in the...

Pilot, Brother Killed in Tema Aircraft Crash Were Sons of Hebron Prayer Camp Founder

The two victims of Monday’s fatal microlight aircraft crash...

Related Articles